Turkey, Kale, and White Bean Soup
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Spoon or Spatula
- Medium-Large Pot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A smidge of red pepper flakes more if you like!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 14.5 ounces organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15.8 ounces can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- A handful of organic kale chopped (or extra if you’re like me!)
- 3 cups organic low-sodium chicken bone broth
- 1 can Optional: red beans like we did-Little Guy loves them!
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown the turkey with the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper until the turkey is cooked through and then onions are translucent (about 7 minutes).
- Add the oregano, basil, tomatoes (with liquid), and beans. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add spinach and cover for about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir to combine.
- Add broth, stir, and increase heat to medium. Continue to cook until heated through – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into bowls and top with 5-6 Moon Cheese, and serve this delicious Turkey, Kale, and White Bean Soup!
*Shebewell.com and Sheila Berg Wellness sometimes provide nutritional information as a reference, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they’re not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, health, or allergy advice