All my Guys love these Chicken Lettuce Wraps! I added some notes on ideas to change up this recipe that may work for your family too!
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1/8 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/8 cup matchstick or grated carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp liquid amino’s
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 pinch fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 leaves Bibb Lettuce (or more depending on the size and how full you fill them!)
- green onions, sliced thinly
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oils and chicken
- Cook until chicken is cooked through; reduce heat slightly
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the garlic (& not the “serving ingredients”); cook until flavors blend and veg’s soften
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon a serving of the mixture onto the lettuce leaves, add slices of green onions, and enjoy!
I am not a fan of chicken thigh meat, but many love this version better.
I use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos but Tamari is a great substitute!
Coconut oil can be used in place of the olive oil; gives a sweeter hint.
Big Guy loves WAY MORE chili sauce. I add extra Tamari before eating. Little Guy skips the green onions. Medium Guy always wants a batch “for later.”
We also switch it up by saving the matchstick carrots and instead, topping the wraps for a crisp crunch.
Substituting ground chicken or even turkey or TVP works in this recipe too!
If you make this, let me know what you think!