Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
All my Guys love these Chicken Lettuce Wraps! I added some notes on ideas to change up this recipe that may work for your family too!
- Cutting Board
- Plates for serving
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1/8 cup onion finely diced
- 1/8 cup matchstick or grated carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp liquid amino’s
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 pinch fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serving Ingredients
- 10 leaves Bibb Lettuce or more depending on the size and how full you fill them!
- green onions sliced thinly
- sesame seeds optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oils and chicken
- Cook until chicken is cooked through; reduce heat slightly
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the garlic (& not the “serving ingredients”)
- Cook until flavors blend and veg’s soften
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon a serving of the mixture onto the lettuce leaves
- Garnish with slices of green onions, and enjoy!
I am not a fan of chicken thigh meat, but many love this version better. I use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos but Tamari is a great substitute! Coconut oil can be used in place of the olive oil; gives a sweeter hint. Big Guy loves WAY MORE chili sauce. I add extra Tamari before eating. Little Guy skips the green onions. Medium Guy always wants a batch “for later.” We also switch it up by topping the wraps with rice noodles for a crisp crunch. Substituting ground chicken or even turkey or TVP works in this recipe too! If you make this, let me know what you think!
Shebewell.com and Sheila Berg Wellness sometimes provide nutritional information as a reference, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they’re not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, health, or allergy advice.
Love how easy these are to make! Thank you!